The Professional Version:
SBNN is an ally organization that prepares and trains young adults on how to become allies of their LGBTQ peers.
The SBNN Version:
Just Be U.... and encourage everyone else to do the same.
There's really no need to overcomplicate things. People should simply be allowed to be the most authentic version of themselves without the risk of being made to feel that they are anything less than awesome. I am awesome. You are awesome. We just make sure everyone hears it once and a while.
Here's how we do things:
- We show people what it actually means to call yourself an ally.
- We're giving some creative ideas & resources on how to promote being an ally in your school, workplace, and/or town - like by having an event that people would actually want to come to. That kind of stuff.
- We're preparing young adults on what you should do if you see some uncool stuff being said/done to someone else.
- We are starting SBNN clubs in Universities.
- We showcase the efforts of our celebrity advocates.
You're L, G, B, T, Q or S.... but the most important letter to be is U.
Maybe you like girls, maybe you like guys, maybe you like both, maybe you like neither.... what difference does it really make? There's a whole lot more to a person than who they date.
We at SBNN may be mostly focused on the LGBTQ/ally community, but isn't this actually a message that works for anyone, anywhere, anytime?
We're all different. We believe that those differences make us interesting.